Monday, March 29, 2010

oh precious positivity!

(photo: istockphoto.com)

My life has taken a massive turn for the better. I finally told my amigo exactly how I felt about the direction that we had chosen (which was not a positive one) and we parted ways, temporarily. I needed some space, so did he. When he's ready to come back, he will, and I will have to be patient and turn things over to God until then.

Today I was reading The Positivity Blog : www.positivityblog.com and came across this quote:
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them.
George Bernard Shaw

He is so right! That George Bernard Shaw was an intelligent man. I certainly HAVE been blaming my circumstances for what they are. "I don't have enough money, this red tape is so thick, running hurts, etc. etc. " All of this is ridiculous! I have circumstances I want, and I am getting up to go and get them!

Some positive statements:

I am going running in a few minutes, for 20 minutes. I run 20 minutes, 3xs a week. This happens for the next 40 days.

I also spend at least one hour doing one chapter of one subject every day for the next 40 days. These subjects are in this order: Medical Terminology, Biology, Statistics, Arabic.

I call one friend or family member every other day.

Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.

H. Jackson Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment